Monday, February 14, 2011

Night Frights

This weekend I was in London with Jenny and Hannah. We saw Grease (actually pretty good), I drank Havana barrelproof in the hotel bar, we ordered and ate too much breakfast, we shopped at a vintage market, etc, etc.

The three of us shared a hotel room. At the end of the night we all went to sleep. A couple of hours later, Jenny awoke. It seems my pillows were arranged such that it looked like I was sitting straight up in bed, staring. Terrified, she woke Hannah.

"Hannah, look, there's something wrong with Becky."

"Wha? Mhhhrr."

"She's just sitting staring at us!"

"Huh?"

Jenny then nudged me.

"Becky?"

"Mmm? What?"

"Oh... Never mind."

"What's up?"

"Go back to sleep."

I don't need telling twice, so I went back to sleep, willing to have the situation explained in the morning. Jenny also went back to sleep - knowing when she nudged me that I was not my pillows. Pillows are just not scary.

Hannah, on the other hand, was just coming around, and was certain she had heard Jenny say,

"There's someone in the room staring at us."

The poor chick didn't get back to sleep for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment