Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bad Planning

"I think we should keep drinking." I said to Gav as we finished the fourth bottle of wine and the second episode of Battlestar Galatica (damn right I know how to party). To be fair, we'd had a meal and a couple of friends to help us through the first three, but to my count that means we finished 1.25 bottles each.

It also meant that 30% of the wine bottles currently above the cupboards in our kitchen were consumed last night. A statistic that would have meant certain death at many points in the year, but fortunately the cupboards have recently been cleared (because they were full). A statistic that incidentally, I got wrong when I tried to calculated it last night (because I was full of wine).

At 4:30 this morning when I woke, sweating and shaky and very thirsty, I identified that saying "I think we should keep drinking" was probably a mistake. At the time though, Gav heartily agreed. So we powered through a bottle of Baileys, which Archie returned to help with. I drank a few rounds of Amaretto, Gav got to work on the black cherry liqueur. All in all it was a pretty decent effort, and a most entertaining evening.

Waking at 4:30, though, was less fun. I stumbled to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water, and discovered we'd left the lights on. I returned to bed, trying not to think about the fact that I had to get up in two and a half hours to catch a train to take me to London. Failing.

I've no idea what time we gave in and called it a night. What I do know is that I'm miraculously fine* this morning, and that when I was making my bed at 8:00, I discovered that my hot water bottle was still warm.

I'd write more, but I have a train to catch. I'm slightly concerned that I'll arrive at the station to find that I've missed a whole day. Maybe even a week.

*I say "fine," I'm definitely not safe to drive, but at least part of that is due to not actually having a license.

No comments:

Post a Comment