Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Embarrassing...

I got an email from the IOP about how they were transferring the Physics Society some money. I thought to myself, "cool, but why?" and forwarded the email to my friend, Martin, the Astronomy Society president, to see if he had any idea what it was going on.

Here's the email I sent,


"Hey,

This looks good, but I've no idea what it's about. I guess the smart person would check the PhySoc account in three days or so. I'm forwarding it to you first because you're competent. Any idea what it's for?

-Becky x"

Unfortunately I did in fact not send that to my friend Martin, but to one of the astronomy lecturers who is also called Martin.

Embarrassing! So yeah, I totally signed off with a kiss. Our physics and astronomy department isn't especially formal, but that was definitely over-familiar for an undergrad. Thank goodness I don't study astronomy and never run into the guy. Although actually he didn't seem to care, and just said he'd look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment